With the prospect of a ass Puma helicopter flypast to celebrate 50 years since it’s first flight , I was not disappointed when a 9 ship formation came down the runway before going onto Waddington then Scampton. A single Puma was following a little behind, that made 10 Puma’s.
The last four in the formation plus the singleton came back to Cranwell to refuel. The biggest formation of Puma’s I have ever seen. I have posted pictures from the my visit including based aircraft noted on the day.
9 ship Puma HC2 formation.
- XW224 : Special 50 years markings.
- ZJ956 : Y :
- XW216 : G :
- XW221 : N :
- XW237 : R :
- XW209 : No code . * returned later for fuel.
- XW204 : B : * returned later for fuel.
- ZJ954 : W : * returned later for fuel.
- XW232 : P : * returned later for fuel.
Single Puma HC2 following.
- XW214 : F : * returned later for fuel.
Five Puma’s returned to Cranwell to refuel.
Based 3FTS Aircraft noted.
Grob Prentis T1
- ZM303 : 03 :
- ZM304 : 04 :
- ZM305 : 05 :
- ZM309 : 09 :
- ZM310 : 10 :
- ZM317 : 17 :
Embraer Phenom T1
- ZM335 : 45Sqn markings.
- ZM336 : 45Sqn markings.
Made a nice change from Coningsby.